This was originally a Facebook post, but I stumbled across it and wanted to a) save it for posterity and b) create an updated version so I decided to post it here.
I’ve been tagged for this a number of times… I guess it’s time to chime in. Plus, it’s either this or homework! I’ll tag you back, if you tagged me the first time ’round.
1. I was a champion procrastinator in college. I’m not quite as bad now, but have not lost my expert touch (see above).
2. I hate playing kids’ games. Yet I have three children. Hey, I didn’t say I hated kids!
3. I’m really bad at keeping in touch with people. I count on their ability to know that I love them.
4. The fourth toe on my left foot stopped growing when I was 8; it’s shorter than the little toe. When I was taking birthing prep classes for my third baby, there was another woman there who had the same thing on both her feet. The same condition affects both hands; my fingers are all different lengths.
5. I will for always and for ever be an ex-smoker. I still miss it. But I like not smoking more.
6. I hate to fly. Troublesome when you live on another continent from your family. I sometimes think about moving back to the US just so I will never have to fly again.
7. When I was in elementary school, I had to take remedial PE to learn how to jump rope and throw and catch a ball. I’m still not very good at any of those things.
8. I dropped out of high school at age 15. It was the right decision.
9. If all goes according to plan, I will have a masters degree next June.
10. Sometimes I dream about going on to get a PhD. I’m not sure how much of that ambition has to do with being a high school drop out.
11. My love for Ikea knows no bounds.
12. My love for Josh Lyman surpasses my love for Ikea. I have all 7 seasons of West Wing on DVD and watch them pretty much continuously on a loop.
13. I have four cats- two young, two old. I can’t imagine not having a cat in my house. In fact, I got the younger two so that I would not be catless when the older two died. If I had a bigger house, I’d probably have even more cats.
14. In fact, if I had a bigger house, I’d probably have more kids. I’ve always wanted to adopt.
15. I knew I wanted to marry my husband about two weeks after I met him- shortly after I figured out that he was only the second person I knew with whom I could spend 24 hours a day without going crazy. We got married seven years ago, a year and two weeks after we met.
16. I’ve now lived in France longer than any place except the city in which I grew up. I never expected that, and keep planning to leave. Life is always getting in the way however.
17. I have a horrible memory. I can’t remember anything.
18. I met my best friend in 7th grade homeroom, although we didn’t really become friends till 9th grade. She has a fantastic memory, and remembers all my stuff for me too.
19. I think making new friends is a little like courtship and falling in love. You have to woo them over time, and can’t fart in front of them until your relationship is really secure.
20. I’m a breastfeeding fanatic. I will drop anything to help a new mom over a breastfeeding bump. I think part of this is due to residual pain over having so many problems nursing my first son.
21. Although I type quickly, I can’t touch type.
22. I have fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed about 15 years ago. Some part of my body hurts every day. I’m SO over it.
23. There is a ten year difference between my younger brother and myself. I had my children very close together. There’s definitely a correlation between these two facts.
24. I had my first two kids at home, and my third in the hospital. Those experiences taught me a lot about compassion.
25. I fell into being a blogger, but am passionate about it even though I don’t necessarily think that I’m the best writer.